Jacobs Vehicle Systems' Environmental Management System Policy
Jacobs Vehicle Systems has defined the organization's Environmental Management Policy as follows:
It is the goal of Jacobs Vehicle Systems, Inc. (JVS) to be admired by all those we come in contact with (e.g. employees, contractors, customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders) for the sustainability of our Business.
Therefore, JVS is committed to:
- Eliminating risk;
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory and legal requirements;
- Taking steps to prevent pollution through reduction and elimination;
- Continuously improving our environmental performance.
Jacobs Vehicle Systems' Environment Management Mission Statement
Environmental protection and sustainability are major considerations for Jacobs Vehicle Systems. Our responsibility is to ensure that our products, production processes, and facilities are developed and managed in line with ecologically sound principles. At JVS we consider our environmental impact in all business activities, from ideation to end of life.
As such, Jacobs Vehicle Systems is committed to conducting business in a manner that protects the environment. We are committed to meeting or exceeding all applicable Environmental regulatory requirements as well as our own environmental management systems.
We will actively pursue:
- Ecologically sound product designs;
- Pollution prevention and waste minimization;
- Facility reuse and recycling programs;
- Energy & natural resource conservation;
- Best environmental practice implementation.
Jacobs' Environmental Management System is built into our annual business planning process to continuously improve our environmental performance. Each employee has an individual responsibility to proactively support this policy and follow all established Environmental procedures, and is encouraged to participate in our Environmental Programs and Committees.