The Jacobs Exhaust Brake® uses exhaust back pressure to dramatically increase your braking power by restricting the flow of exhaust gases and increasing back pressure inside the engine.
- Improved downhill vehicle control
- A must for towing provides “peace of mind”
- Helps brakes last three times longer, paying for itself
- Designed, engineered and tested to OEM specifications
- Jacobs, maker of the Jake Brake® brand engine brake, provides more than 50 years of braking experience.
How It Works
The increased backpressure in the engine creates resistance against the pistons, slowing the crankshafts rotation and helping to control the vehicle speed. Overall, this requires less use on the service brakes, which means they last longer and reduce overall costs.