What Does a 100% Increase in Engine Braking Performance Feel Like?
Jacobs High Power Density (HPD) technology generates twice the engine braking power at cruise RPM, and provides you the lightest, most cost-effective, high power vehicle retarding technology available.
- World-class engine braking power
- Operates at the engine speeds you use and avoids downshifting during retarding
- Increased driver confidence and comfort
- Faster trip times and increased productivity
- Quicker shifting for better acceleration
- Compensates for decreased aerodynamic drag and decreased rolling resistance
- Improved service brake life
- Compensates for the trend toward lower engine speed operation and specification of smaller displacement engines
Jacobs European Technology Truck on the Road
Jacobs' demo truck traveled across Europe for five years giving drivers, fleets, and OEMs the opportunity to experience the HPD engine brake.