Who are we?
Jacobs Vehicle Systems, Inc. (“JACOBS”)
22 East Dudley Town Rd
Bloomfield, CT 06002
We provide diesel and natural gas engine retarding systems and valve actuation mechanisms to our customers.
We use your information as further explained in this Privacy Notice. We’ll be the “controller” of the information you provide to us.
What does this Privacy Notice cover?
We at JACOBS take your personal data seriously. This policy:
- sets out the types of personal data that we collect about you;
- explains how and why we collect and use your personal data;
- explains how long we keep your personal data for;
- explains when, why and with who we will share your personal data;
- sets out the legal basis we have for using your personal data;
- explains the effect of refusing to provide the personal data requested;
- explains where we store your personal data and whether we transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area;
- explains the different rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data; and
- explains how you can contact us.
What personal data do we collect about you?
We will collect certain personal information about you in the course of your relationship with us.
This information includes your name and any contact details according to the specific processing activities:
When you access our website, information of a general nature is automatically recorded. This information (server log files) includes, for example, the type of web browser, the operating system used, the domain name of your Internet service provider and the like. This is only information that does not allow conclusions about your person. This information is technically necessary to correctly deliver the contents of web pages requested by you and is mandatory when using the internet. Anonymous information of this kind is statistically evaluated by us, in order to optimize our Internet appearance and the technology behind it.
We process the information submitted by you, e.g. your name, contact details, e-mail address, primary and secondary product interests, information about receipt of e-mails and your behaviour related to these.
We process the information submitted by you, e.g. your name, contact details, e-mail address, specific problems related to a product and any questions or concerns that you may need addressed.
Where do we collect personal data about you from?
We may collect personal data about you from the following sources:
- Directly from you. This is information you provide to us via phone, email, social media or our website.
How and why do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To contact you to discuss the services or products you receive from us (and any changes to them).
- To contact you to discuss the services or products you may be interested in.
- To respond to any questions or concerns you have raised.
- To otherwise carry out our obligations arising under our contract with your and to enforce the same.
We will not use your information for any other purposes unless we are required to do so by law.
How long do we keep your personal data?
How long we keep your information will depend on the purpose for which we use it.
We only keep your information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice and to fulfil our legal obligations. We have internal rules that set out how long we retain information.
In summary, however, we will keep your information for the following periods:
Your personal information will be kept by JACOBS for the duration of any contract you have entered into with us.
Your personal information including name, contact details, email addresses and nature of your inquiry, will be kept by JACOBS in accordance with our standard retention policy for a period of 7 years.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Your personal data may be shared with:
We share your personal information with third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as our network of suppliers.
We share your personal information with our parent company for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes.
Where required we share your personal information with third parties to comply with a legal obligation; when we believe in good faith that an applicable law requires it; at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; and to detect and protect against fraud, or any technical or security vulnerabilities.
As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or merges with us your personal information will be disclosed to such entity.
If any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information will be considered an asset of ours and as such it is possible they will be sold or transferred to third parties.
These third parties comply with similar and equally stringent undertakings of privacy and confidentiality.
No other third parties have access to your information unless we specifically say so in this Privacy Notice, or the law requires this.
We do not share your personal information outside of JACOBS, without your express permission.
What legal basis do we have for using your personal data?
We process your information:
To be able to provide you with braking solutions and technical support in line with our Terms & Conditions which may be found here, https://www.jacobsvehiclesystems.com/suppliers/general-terms-and-conditions/
As this is necessary for the performance of the contract with you including but not limited to any long-term agreements, non-disclosure agreements or vendor contracts or to take steps at your request prior to entering into any contract with JACOBS.
What happens if you do not provide us with the information we request or ask that we stop processing your information?
We may have contractual obligations under any agreements that we have signed with you that require us to process your information. If you don’t provide the information requested, we may not be able to carry out any of our obligations arising under the contract.
Do we make automated decisions concerning you?
No, we do not carry out automated decision making or automated profiling.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies, we need your permission. This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages. You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on the landing page of our website.
What about marketing?
Jacobs Vehicle Systems, Inc. would like to contact you from time to time about our new similar products and promotional offers by email, telephone and newsletter.
You can expect to receive no more than 2 marketing emails per month from us.
You can unsubscribe / opt out at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any of our communication or by contacting us using the details at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Where do we store your personal data? Do we transfer your personal data outside the EEA?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers located at our headquarters in Bloomfield, CT which is based in the United States of America and outside the EEA. We have put in place safeguards to protect personal data processed in or accessed from our headquarters. You can obtain a copy of the safeguards in place for such transfers by contacting us using the details at the end of this Privacy Notice.
How do we keep your personal data secure?
We also take steps to ensure all our subsidiaries, agents, affiliates and suppliers employ adequate levels of security.
What rights do you have in relation to the personal data we hold on you?
By law, you have a number of rights when it comes to your personal data. Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country.
- The right to be informed: You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Privacy Notice.
- The right of access: You have the right to obtain access to your information (if we’re processing it), and certain other information (similar to that provided in this Privacy Notice). This is so you’re aware and can check that we’re using your information in accordance with data protection law.
- The right to rectification: You are entitled to have your information corrected if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure: This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
- The right to data portability: You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. For example, if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move, copy or transfer your information easily between our IT systems and theirs safely and securely, without affecting its usability.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing based on our legitimate interests and processing for direct marketing (i.e. if you no longer want to be contacted with potential opportunities).
- The right to lodge a complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal data with your national data protection regulator.
- The right to withdraw consent: If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). This includes your right to withdraw consent to us using your personal data for marketing purposes.
How can you make a request to exercise your rights?
To exercise any of the rights above, or to ask a question, contact us using the details set out at the end of this Privacy Notice.
How will we handle a request to exercise your rights?
We’ll respond as soon as we can. Generally, this will be within one month from when we receive your request but, if the request is going to take longer to deal with, we’ll come back to you and let you know.
We usually act on requests and provide information free of charge, but may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs of providing the information for:
- baseless or excessive/repeated requests, or
- further copies of the same information.
Alternatively, the law may allow us to refuse to act on the request.
How can you contact us?
If you have questions on the processing of your personal data, would like to exercise any of your rights, or are unhappy with how we’ve handled your information, please contact us here:
Jacobs Vehicle Systems, Inc. (“JACOBS”)
22 East Dudley Town Rd
Bloomfield, CT 06002
If you’re not satisfied with our response to any complaint or believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the data protection regulator in your country.